Why Attend NCCWSL?
NCCWSL is the place to harness your leadership potential and view the world through new perspectives. You’ll leave with the tools you need to propel your career forward and drive change on your campus or in your community.
In the three decades since NCCWSL was founded, AAUW has empowered more than 10,000 women to close the leadership gap and make an impact on their campuses and in their communities.
We curate our conference agenda so that attendees — college students and educators alike — can tailor their experience to fit their current and future aspirations. Over the course of our three-day conference, attendees
- Build real-world skills at dozens of workshops
- Connect with more than 100 graduate programs and employers at our Graduate School Fair and Career Fair
- Are inspired by our speakers and Women of Distinction awardees
- Discuss and debate today’s most pressing issues with industry experts during our panel and lecture series
- Network with peers from across the country to build lifelong relationships
- Explore our nation’s capital during a night out in Washington, D.C.
NCCWSL workshops and lectures are structured around the following core learning objectives:
- Professional development: Build a professional tool kit for postgraduate life
- Leadership development: Develop and strengthen a leadership narrative through voice, skill set, and mind-set
- Activism: Know the how, why, and when to take action
- Women’s issues: Gain a better understanding of issues and policies affecting women on a local, national, and global scale
- Identity and diversity: Own one’s personal identity and role in increasing and supporting diverse voices.
“There was never a moment I didn’t feel empowered and inspired.” —NCCWSL attendee, Agnes Scott College
Are you up for the challenge?
Join nearly 800 college and university women and campus professionals from across the United States and around the world in redefining leadership from May 30 through June 2, 2018. Learn more about what you’ll get out of NCCWSL.